Re: USB device not accepting address <n>, error -71

Reco wrote:

> What is says here, basically.
> You USB port is burned out, USB connector lacks contact, USB power is
> insufficient, etc.
>
> About the only thing you can try from the OS side is to disable USB
> powersaving, but that should be disabled by default.

Hi,
might be that indeed the local controller has something, because on office
pc with windows today it was working just fine.

I may test the local controller from windows - never erased the original
disk.

The other option is that after removing some packages and installing
updates, the initrd or whatever got f**ked.

regards