Re: Micro-report: using Stable without systemd

On 10/14/2018 4:23 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:

> Throughout Jessie and Stretch, I have been running Debian without
> systemd as the init system. If systemd became installed by accident, I
> promptly removed it in favor of sysvinit.

If I understand correctly, on a fresh install of Debian systemd is
purge.systemd.
If yes, why not going for a Debian derivative that does not include
systemd per default:

https://distrowatch.com/search.php?ostype=All&category=All&origin=All&basedon=Debian&notbasedon=None&desktop=All&architecture=All&package=All&rolling=All&isosize=All&netinstall=All&language=All&defaultinit=Not+systemd&status=Active#simple

Or were all your hosts upgraded from a version where systemd was not
installed?

--
John Doe