(solved) Re: jessie and stretch time problem

Thank Teemu Likonen!

You are right. My stretch and jessie think differently about hardware clock. i run "timedatectl set-local-rtc 1", it should be ok for both now.

though there's warning, i think it's ok

On Saturday, October 13, 2018 3:10 PM, Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> wrote:

Long Wind [2018-10-12 21:59:40Z] wrote:

> jessie and stretch are installed on same PCtime of jessie is wrong:
> Fri Oct 12 21:51:05 CST 2018then i reboot and enter stretch time of
> stretch is right: Sat Oct 13 05:55:30 CST 2018 tzdata of both are
> reconfig to same place

As others have pointed out probably one operating system thinks that the
hardware clock is in UTC time and other thinks the clock is in local

time.

You can check and configure this with "timedatectl" command. Running the
command without parameters will show the current status. Command
"timedatectl set-local-rtc [...]" (executed as root user) sets the
option in question. Command's man page tells more.

--
/// Teemu Likonen  - .-..  <https://keybase.io/tlikonen> //
// PGP: 4E10 55DC 84E9 DFF6 13D7 8557 719D 69D3 2453 9450 ///