Re: "passwd username" asks for current password of user even tho I'm root

Am Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2018, 15:17:11 CEST schrieb Mariusz Gronczewski:
Hi,

as a normal user you should be able to change your password using "passwd
testuser".

When you want to change an alien password,. obviously you should be root.
Otherwise any user wopuld bve able to change anybodies password.

If you need another authoritive user for special things, add this user
to /etc/sudoers and define the rules.

Hope I understood your problem correctly.

Best

Hans