"passwd username" asks for current password of user even tho I'm root

Hi,

On previous releases, and on our CentOS systems I could change password of user by just sudo-ing to root and typing "passwd testuser"

In current Debian release, doing that asks me to specify that user password, which is pointless because:

* I can access /etc/shadow anyway
* I'm changing it because user forgot it

Is there any way to set passwd (or PAM) to not ask root for current password on passwd-ing non-root accounts ?

Cheers

Mariusz

--
Mariusz Gronczewski, Administrator