Which Kernel for Buster?

I'm confused  a normal state for me, one of increasing mental entropy)?

I decided to try Buster in VirtualBox on my Stretch AMD platform and downloaded the dvd1. The installer installed the 4.16.0 kernel, but no header fiels for that kernel, but rather the header files for the 4.18.0 kernel.Consequently, full screen is not available due to the fact that I can't install the VBoxAdditions.

All that Google could find was "... bump of the kernel support from Linux kernel 4.13, which was used in the second alpha build, to Linux kernel 4.16."

Help out a confused chemist and someone explain just what is going on.

Thanks in advance.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
Consultant