(Debian) USB Audio interface makes terrible noises

Hi ive asked this on multiple different sites and still no replies so ill try and see if anyone knows here.

as i have just recently switched to debian i have most things sorted out however, I cannot figure out this problem. I have a M-Audio MobilePre usb audio interface ive been using for years with no problem. But now when i try using it with debian stable (current version) it will play audio normally for a second then all of a sudden it will practically blow the speakers inside my headphones and get incredibly loud and distorted and then no sound will come through at all from whatever i was listening to and it will be replaced by a severe extremely loud distorted hissing. ive used this on linux mint and ubuntu before with 0 problems so im not sure whats wrong.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.