[SOLVED] Re: dual port cross over cable bonding

A single dual port gigabit card on each server.

I'm more concerned about performance than redundancy.

The bond operates in 2 gigabit mode:

ethtool bond1
(...)
    Speed: 2000Mb/s
    Duplex: Full
(...)

My working config (will play with it a bit more):

auto bond1
iface bond1 inet static
    slaves ens1f0 ens1f1
    address 192.168.200.1
    netmask 255.255.255.252
    bond_miimon 100
    bond_mode balance-rr
    bond_xmit_hash_policy layer3+4

I've done a simple some performance test - copied a file over ssh (which adds own overhead).

90-100 MB/s over a single link and 150-160MB/s over a dual bond

So it's definitely working and making a substantial difference.

Unplugging one cable doesn't break the transfer; speed temporarily decreases but then goes up again after cable is reinserted.