Installing Debian On A 2011 iMac

Hello, so I have a 2011 iMac that I am considering installing Debian Linux on. I am considering doing this because I cannot update Mac OS on this computer anymore  (when I try to install Mojave I get an error message saying "could not be installed on this computer, they probably do not support the hardware anymore). As new versions of Mac OS are no longer supported on this computer, would it be possible to install Debian Linux as the default OS on this machine (and would it be update able for a long time in the future)? I checked this page here: https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Apple but could not conclude if this would work on this hardware. Here is the computer in questions  hardware specifications generated using System Profiler, I can send more if needed but did not want to put my computer serial number publicly on the list. Thanks in advance.

PS Please don't suggest Virtual Machines, as I know this is an option, but am looking into other options. Thank you.

Hardware Overview:

   Model Name:    iMac
   Model Identifier:    iMac12,1
   Processor Name:    Intel Core i7
   Processor Speed:    2.8 GHz
   Number of Processors:    1
   Total Number of Cores:    4
   L2 Cache (per Core):    256 KB
   L3 Cache:    8 MB
   Memory:    8 GBb
   SMC Version (system):    1.71f2
   Hardware UUID:    8CDE71B4-EC0A-5271-953A-60E993BC0348