Re: ls -la sort order

On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 01:51:54PM -0400, Lee wrote:
> I don't think I'll ever get used to that.  I'm just a bit concerned
> that setting LC_COLLATE=C is going to break something & I'll have a
> heck of a time figuring out it was because I changed the sort order.

As a user, it's your prerogative to set your locale variables however
you like.  Setting one of them to C is *always* permitted.

All that matters is what you prefer.

wooledg:~$ printf %s\\n o O oh Ohio ô Ô ó Ó | LC_COLLATE=C sort
Ohio
oh
wooledg:~$ printf %s\\n o O oh Ohio ô Ô ó Ó | LC_COLLATE=en_US.utf8 sort
oh
Ohio