Re: Which is the best open source ecommerce platform?

On 09/26/2018 03:59 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 08:00:59AM +0000, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
Good afternoon from Singapore, There are far too many choices when
it comes to open source ecommerce solutions.

This is a good thing, isn't it?
(BTW: I prefer to spell "open source" as "free software". Yes, I do
have an agenda).

Are there any credible rankings of open source ecommerce platforms?
Which open source ecommerce solution do you think is the best and
tell me why. Thank you.

I guess "ecommerce platform" isn't a one-dimensional space, so you
won't be able to sort it along "one and only one" quailty criterion.

You'll first have to define (perhaps incompletely) your criteria
yourself, look at what is there, learn, adjust your criteria.

Hopefully, the process converges, somehow.

Since you are asking on Debian, I just queried "apt search ecommerce":
You get a couple of hits, all related to Business::OnlinePayment, which
is an online payment interface written in Perl. Hardly a complete survey.

I just tried
  https://duckduckgo.com/html?q=linux%20%2B%22ecommerce%22%20review
The hits there may give ideas on refining your search.