Re: odvr for Olympus WN-960PC : problem installing multimedia repository on Stretch

Bernard wrote:

> Hi to Everyone,
>
> I recently discovered that I could run that old voice recorder on
> Debian. According to what I read on
>
> https://raywoodcockslatest.wordpress.com/2016/05/15/linux-vn960pc/
>
> it works well once this :
>
> odvr_0.1.4.1_i386.deb
>
> is installed (or maybe something more recent...). Problem is, this is
> unavailable on my default repositories. I tried adding
>
> deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org stretch main non-free
>
> to my sources.list, but, after the update, the package odvr is still
> unavailable.
>
> Where can I get this package, or is there anything else that could fill
> my purpose with this Olympus voice recorder ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help
>
> Bernard

if package is there, it means that also (probably) source code is there.
just compile it for stretch and install (but be careful - perhaps better do
this in a virtual machine as you will have to load a lot of development
packages and you can also test first on that machine)

regards