Re: cannot open display: localhost:0.0

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 11:51:29AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> gene@rock64:~$ sudo netstat -anp|grep 6000
> [sudo] password for gene:
> gene@rock64:~$ sudo netstat -anp|grep 6000
> gene@rock64:~$
>
> Nothing returned, did it twice while logged into the rock64 as
> UID=1000=gene
>
> What is this telling me?

That your X server isn't listening to TCP.  Which is normal in this
century.  That's why we have DISPLAY=:0 instead of DISPLAY=localhost:0.

(Or, your X server isn't running at all.  But since you seemed to expect
to see something, I'm guessing that you actually do have X running, so
my first answer is probably what you want.)