Re: Print with mupdf?

On Thursday 20 September 2018 15:34:07 Brian wrote:

> On Thu 20 Sep 2018 at 11:24:53 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > I'm with you on the native format. Evince is purty, but doesn't
> > print some stuff correctly if you want it in dead tree format. Never
> > heard of mupdf, so can't comment, whats so special about it?
>
> "some stuff"? 0.1%, 0.01%, 0.001%?
20% or more are DNP if the wrong commands for page size are used, and
they look like they are correct for letter sized stuff.  Due to lack of
available A4 paper on this side of the pond, that A4 has not been tested
here.

> > okular does it all, very well.
>
> okular has been tried on unstable without cups-browsed running?

I do not know that, but its good on an r-pi 3b, running jessie lite,
printing over the network to this machine as a printer server, with two
printers and around 5 profiles, and from this machine and 4 other wintel
boxes all running wheezy. I think cups-browsed is a requirement though.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)