Re: Unstable update ridiculousness

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:16:30 -0400
Default User <hunguponcontent@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 9:05 PM John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com>
> wrote:
>
> > You are running Unstable.  It can be like that.
> > --
> > John Hasler
> > jhasler@newsguy.com
> > Elmwood, WI USA
> >

>  182 packages?

No, three. The rest can be upgraded. I usually switch to synaptic when
this happens, I find it easier to select the ones which will go. I've
never got along with aptitude interactive for some reason.

The same happens when some parts of a large set of packages are
upgradeable and some aren't, like Qt or libreoffice. I upgrade the
ones which aren't affected, and decline the offer to remove 350
packages.

In fact, I often accept buggy upgrades if the problems aren't likely to
affect me. I rarely use apt-cache on this machine, so I accepted that
one. Failed To Build From Source is another one that doesn't worry me,
because I don't.

--
Joe