fedora 28 installation causing problems for Debian Sid

I installed Fedora 28 on a second partition sda6 on my hd yesterday.
It seemed to go well, but this morning when I booted into my
regular system Debian Sid and tried to install Grub into
the Debian partition sda5 it refused saying ext2 file systems
are not supported without blocklists. sda5  has always had
an ext4 file system and ext4 was used for the Fedora installation.
Has the Fedora installation messed up something ? and
most importantly how can I install grub into sda5?

Thanks