Re: stretch update of thunderbird wants to remove enigmail

On Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:55:00 PM EDT you wrote:
> Le 18-09-17 à 17 h 10, ernst doubt a écrit :
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I run debian stretch:
> >
> > ni@quark:/etc$ cat debian_version
> > 9.5
> >
> > and I use a number of email clients. I see there is currently an update
> > (presumably security related?) for thunderbird. But as this upgrade would
> > remove enigmail I chose (at least for the moment) to not implement it.
> >
> > Does anyone know if there are plans in the works for an associated upgrade
> > of enigmail so that it might be possible in the near future to upgrade
> > thunderbird without losing embedded support for gnupg?
> >
> > I'm not subscribed to this list (but will check the archives on-line for a
> > while to make sure I don't miss a reply), so CCs to me are fine (and even
> > appreciated if you are willing).
> >
> >     thanks so very much in advance,
> >
> >          ~e
>
> I let apt remove enigmail, and then manually reinstalled the addon from
> Thunderbird's Tools>Addon menu.  All my user settings were retrieved
> correctly as far as I can see.

Bouncing back to the list, since you replied to me only privately.

Interesting data point; thanks so much. Though I think I would feel better
(security-wise) about installing the debian version of enigmail. Of course
running with the currently unupgraded version of thunderbird as I am is also
suboptimal.

    ~e