Re: SyncTeX?

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 11:28 PM David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
And On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 11:29 PM Boyan Penkov
<boyan.penkov@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know about bug-free but I find xpdf works well.

> Have you tried xpdf?

I tried it earlier, but tossed it because it didn't do stuff I needed
it to do. But after getting two recommendations, I looked again, this
time with its man page. It looks like, with a little futzing, it'll do
a better job than Evince. (My pdfs are *way* not complex -- just 3 or
4 lines at most, in 48 point bold type: "Get up and walk around the
lake!" type stuff.)

But I think I'll see if I can't get Python's tkinter to make a GUI
'script' that'll do what I want. It'll be more trouble than xpdf, but
it'll do exactly what I ask of it.

Thanks.

--
Glenn English