Re: SyncTeX?

--
Boyan Penkov
www.boyanpenkov.com

On Sep 15, 2018, at 05:58, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

On 2018-09-14, Glenn English <ghe2001@gmail.com> wrote:

I've looked in Aptitude for something installed -- there's a
libsynctex installed, and I started to delete it. But Aptitude said it
was a dependency of something that seems to have something to do with
GNOME (my GUI is XFCE4, but I'm aware that several things bring in
pieces of GNOME). I didn't delete it for fear of going to dependency
hell.

synctex is part of the 'texlive-extra-utils' package (at least it is on
Stretch).

I do have this installed — similar to OP, ps -aux shows nothing...

https://www.tug.org/TUGboat/tb29-3/tb93laurens.pdf

I've looked for something running in ps -- nothing.

Crazy-making; it litters my screen. Anyone have a suggestion/explanation?

None springs to mind at the moment, sorry.

--
“An oak is a tree. A rose is a flower. A deer is an animal. A sparrow is a
bird. Russia is our fatherland. Death is inevitable.” Russian school book.