Re: File with weird permissions, impossible to delete

On 11.09.18 13:52, Pétùr wrote:
> I have some files, with weird permissions:
>
> # ls -la
> d-wS--S--T 2 1061270772 2605320832  4096 oct.   7  2412 index.html

OK, you have the suid, sgid, and sticky bits set, and it's a directory.
Execute (directory navigate) permission is off.

> Cannot delete, cannot change owner or group (what is this user
> 1061270772 and group 2605320832 by the way?) even for root.

Linux supports 32 bit uids and gids, so those numbers seem OK.
The blockage will be the sticky bit, if your effective UID is not root.

> How can I get rid of these?

I'd also check that the filesystem is not mounted "noexec", and please
post the permissions on the parent directory, as its ownership and
permissions are just as relevant as what is shown.

Erik