Re: sid upgrade problem

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 6:13 PM Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz> wrote:
On 02/09/2018 08:33, Default User wrote:
> Setting up libsane1:amd64 (1.0.27-1) ...
> Setting up sane-utils (1.0.27-1) ...
> Installing new version of config file /etc/user/saned ...
> Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/saned ...
> update-inetd: warning: cannot add service, /etc/inetd.conf does not exist

It looks to me that your upgrade went fine. sane-utils depends on
update-inetd for some reason, perhaps in case you are using inetd to
share a local scanner via your network? Like you, I do not use inetd, do
not have inetutils-inetd installed, and do not have /etc/inetd.conf . I
saw the same message and took it as a harmless warning.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director

Hi, Ben.
Thanks for the reply. No, I am not using inetd to
share a local scanner via network. So, since I am not conversant with inetd, I will just have to use my system for a while, to see if there is something there that just doesn't seem to work, and if so, just take it from there.