Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

Michael Stone wrote:
> [...] I personally tend to think that bringing the next billion
> people online is more important than maintaining a Manichaean priesthood
> based on internet protocols from the 80s.

So, we need to replace HTTP then?  Got it. :)

That being said, "bringing more people online" has very little to do
with the underlying protocols that handle the transfer of data.

If we assume that these "billion people" aren't online because either

 - no access to computers in general OR
 - access to a computer, but no access to internet

Then they're blank slates, and arguably in a better position to be
taught about these supposedly archaic tools and protocols, rather than
letting them be "trapped" in the walled gardens of facebook and the
like.

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947