Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 01:02:21PM +0100, Joe wrote:
No, very occasionally, a proposed change is a clear improvement.
Usually it's just about altering the distribution of income.

Rather, in my experience, resistance to change is usually about preserving the status quo and reinforcing the existing division of winners and losers.

For example, in this thread, we see that mechanisms which make more information available to more people in a more easily accesible form must be worse because those people don't know what they're doing. Or something. I personally tend to think that bringing the next billion people online is more important than maintaining a Manichaean priesthood based on internet protocols from the 80s. (Regardless of how great those protocols are if you just understand them properly.)