Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

On Wednesday 29 August 2018 06:57:01 Michael Stone wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 09:33:16AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> >And Gnus. That's exactly the point all those "yay, modern, shiny"
> >folks don't "get":
>
> But what the luddites seem to miss is that the protocol is far less
> important than the content, and even if the luddites don't like the
> new stuff, most people do--and take the content with them.
> Increasingly, people who refuse to use anything new and shiny will be
> put out to pasture in an ever shrinking corner of the net. It reminds
> me of the passionate amiga or vax fans of a couple of decades ago--at
> some point it doesn't really matter who was right; the systems are
> dead and buried. That said, there's enough legacy stuff out there that
> most of the luddites can probably finish out their careers without
> ever learning anything new, if that's what they want.

Point taken. But I won't last forever like Jimmy Carter, even had a
wakeup call in the form of a pulmonary embolism that came very close to
putting a
			~30~
on the end of my story 3 years back. I don't recommend it as a way to
die, it scary as hell not being able to take a breath. But I will
eventually go away. I've had an interesting ride for nearly 84 years
now. And a list of BTDT's that most wouldn't believe...

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)