Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 August 2018 06:05:52 Dan Purgert wrote:
>
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > On Wednesday 29 August 2018 03:33:16 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>> > [...] But because 99% of my ISP's users use IMAP, my ISP has
>> > disabled fetchmails ability to delete a successfully pulled email, I
>> > still need to log in daily  [...]
>> >
>> > So I'm an obnoxious old fart, show me an even better way, if you
>> > can. Computers are supposed to do work FOR the user, not the other
>> > way around by creating circuitous ways past the ticket taker.
>>
>> Sounds a bit odd, since fetchmail can (apparently) be configured to
>> tell the other end to delete the mails it pulls.
>>
>> Alternately, do they provide pop3 access?
>
> Yes, but fetchmails delete is ignored, so I have to keep the email
> cleaned out with a web browser,

aww, that's stupid.

Maybe connect to it with tbird for the cleanup instead?  It'll at least
let you go through everything without automatically downloading all the
images / tracking cookies / etc.

(as an aside, whoever came up with HTML-based email should be tarred and
feathered).

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947