Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

On Wednesday, 29 Aug 2018 at 05:54, Gene Heskett wrote:
> So I'm an obnoxious old fart, show me an even better way, if you can.
> Computers are supposed to do work FOR the user, not the other way around
> by creating circuitous ways past the ticket taker.

+1 from another old fart.

I've recently gone back to using pop with my main mail server
(office365) as the only way to remain in control of my email.  Luckily
they still allow this.  For how long is anybody's guess.

I use Emacs gnus giving me splitting, scoring, spam control, ...

And I love nntp access to newsgroups and mailing lists.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.1.13 on Debian buster/sid