Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 02:52:36PM +0100, Mark Rousell wrote:
Except for perhaps hacked servers in some cases, FTP never did have much of a
part to play in binaries distribution from what I could see.

I guess you didn't use debian? Or are we only talking about the illegal content that I thought wasn't the reason usenet is important. It's so hard to keep track of what the point was supposed to be.

I will not bother to reply to the rest of the long discussion of usenet, since I don't want to be accused (again) of "incorrectly" talking about usenet instead of NNTP by someone who wrote a long message about usenet.
Mike Stone