Re: processing order for configuration files in /etc/network/interfaces.d

Hi David,

> You need to post your evidence, starting with your /etc/network/interfaces
> file. You say you're using ifup, so we can perhaps discount this paragraph:
>
>        Currently, "source-directory" isn't supported by
>        network-manager and guessnet.
>
> but we don't know whether you're using "source-directory" or "source",
> for example.

I'm using "source":

# cat /etc/network/interfaces

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*
#

> If you care about the order in which these files are sourced,
> for the time being I would source them individually in the order you
> want.

Yes, this is probably a good idea. However, ideally, "man interfaces"
should state in which order files in /etc/network/interfaces.d/ are
processed.

Martin