Re: what is special about unrar-free when we have unar ?

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 11:26:53PM +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
Does anybody know why unrar-free is till in Debian repo. when we have
unar which does the same or more (support for rarv5 among others) . I
do get the idea that we should have alternatives for any application
or is there something more that I don't know ?

You'd be sad if you had a script that ran unrar-free and the program was silently replaced with unar.

Mike Stone