Re: painted into a corner

On 08/20/2018 01:28 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 20 August 2018 11:23:00 Andrew McGlashan wrote:

On 20/08/18 05:40, Gene Heskett wrote:
Whats the recommended way to do these mounts so I can maintain as
much continuity as possible?

Those other areas, are they logical volumes perhaps?  lvms.

No, straight partitions according to gparted.

Cheers
A.

Hi Gene, I've seen this before, a few times. If you run #fdisk -l while in stretch and get error, you need to fix that first, using gparted move the ailing partition '1'byte, just one digit larger or smaller, if you have to shrink another partition, do it '2'bytes. UUID will not change and it will pass fdisk -l no error. Now in wheezy see if you can mount. If not you can disable the checksums. To disable checksums on an existing filesystem, ensure that the filesystem will pass fsck. Then turn off metadata_csum via tune2fs.
     #tune2fs -O ^metadata_csum /dev/path/to/disk

The above is for ext4, for repairing partition I use this with force.
         #fsck.ext4 -pvcf /dev/sdxx
--
Jimmy Johnson

Devuan Jessie - KDE 4.14.2 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda2
Registered Linux User #380263