checkbox in libreoffice base doesn't work anymore

Hi,

I wrote a database program where I built a form which uses a checkbox.
It has always worked.

I haven't used that program for a few months and now the checkbox in the
form doesn't work anymore.

I am using Version: 6.1.0.2 .

Does anyone have a clue what happened. I tried a lot to make it work but
I failed.

Going through the options menu now I realize that there are no check
boxes. It looks like that they have disappeared completely in my
LibreOffice.

What can that be? I hope anyone can help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Flo