Re: Wanted - Debian(preferred)/Linux handheld

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 10:02:39 +0200
Anders Andersson <pipatron@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 7:47 PM, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > P.S. I wish my initial posts be taken literally. <chuckle>
>
> I wish this for every question on the mailing list but sadly that
> rarely happens, leading to a lot of pointless traffic to wade through.
> On every question there's always the "helpful" people who just wants
> to share their 2 cents worth of opinion and derail the question in the
> process.

Is this a paid-for consultancy service?

> I guess that's partially because a lot of people don't know how to ask
> a question so everyone assumes that it is not to be taken literally.

And we all do things differently. Sometimes the question indicates that
someone is taking an unnecessarily difficult path. Sometimes nobody
knows the answer, and rather than just ignore the questioner, we chip
in experiences as near to the subject as possible. Our friend Richard
spends his life doing things that nobody else has done, and then gets
ratty because nobody can answer his questions.

> Maybe I'm not a hundred years old like you guys, but on the inside I'm
> just as grumpy, err, I mean "opinionated"!

It is perfectly possible to be grumpy before you have even learned to
speak.

--
Joe