Re: Using a Debian Stretch netinstaller image as a Rescue Disk

Yes, once language and keyboard get selected type the less than
character.  That should get you a numbered menu on the screen.  One of
those numbers will allow you to execute a shell.  When I do a debian
install, I like to get into this menu as soon as possible since I save
install logs to disk and like to set priority to low and then continue
with the installation which then becomes pretty close to expert mode.

If doing a normal install with the numbered menu the default selection
will increase through the numbers as steps are completed, so if you have
normal installation going you just need to hit return to get the next
step going.