Re: Request for information

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 07:48:28PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Basicly, Brian, IMNSHO, the gpl is saying TANSTAAFL, a concept their MBA
> degree professors never explained. I'm afraid I have to chuckle
> everytime I see it being enforced. An MBA degree means they've had
> common sense beat out of them. And they willingly subjected themselves
> to it.

Now, I'm up to mock an MBA as much as anyone, but every MBA who
paid any attention knows what the GPL is. Here are the words
that they can understand, should it come up:

The GPL is a simple and straightforward blanket IP license which
requires an unusual form of payment: the consideration on your
part is to publish the entire codebase of derivative works, at
no additional cost, to anyone who receives such a derivative
work from you in any manner, under the same GPL license. In
addition, there is a royalty-free patent usage grant provision
for derivative works, and a few other minor explanations.

But in this particular case, I think it was probably a spammer
or scammer looking for targets.

-dsr-