Re: Request for information

On Thursday 16 August 2018 17:30:26 David Wilson wrote:

> Hi, My name is David Wilson from Pilgrim Quality Solutions
> I am writing to request further information about your company.
> We need some one from your side to ask him a few questions,
> Reply me asap please!
> Thank you,
> David Wilson
> Business Development Representative
> Pilgrim Quality Solutions Inc.

1st, debian.org is not a 'company' in that sense.

So your first order of business is to hand your legal dept. a copy of the
license commonly called the gpl-v2. google can get you thousands of
copies of, all you are out is the ost of the paper to print it. It has
some very surprising usage conditions which are almost the exact
opposite of any proprietary license. If your legal dept can live with
that, make like a frog and jump right in.

Oh, and I do not represent debian in any capacity except as a happy user.

Someone who is an actual member of the organization will probably clarify
it further, but I didn't want you to think you are being ignored.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)