Apache Backuppc problem

Hi all.

Debian Stretch OS

I have installed the BackupPC /Apache2 package before and had no trouble accessing the BackupPC GUI at localhost/backuppc. This time (using apt install backuppc) I keep getting a window asking if I wish to save a bin file. The server downloads a file like W6gLcuk0.bin instead of serving up the GUI web page. I have tried several things suggested on line but nothing seems to work. Apache2 was installed using the .iso net install disk.

On past installations, the GUI worked out of the box. Not this time.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R