[solved] Re: messages from GNU screen always in English

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018, davidson wrote:

It seems that regardless of my locale (LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8,
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8, etc), messages from GNU screen are
always in English.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I doing something wrong?

For taking the time to explain what is going on here, I am grateful to
Greg Wooledge and Darac Marjal.

--
 The day will come              |  Last words, August Spies (1855--1887).
 When our silence will be       |  Hanged, by the state of Illinois,