Re: As seen above: use of su vs sudo

On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 12:22:53PM +0100, James Allsopp wrote:
> As far as I can see "su -" saves a lot of grief if you're the only admin on
> a system. Tried sudo ing to a protected directory? Doesn't work.

Works fine for me:

dave$ sudo bash
[sudo] password for dave:
root# cd /some/protected/dir
root#

> Tired of entering your password every couple of minutes?

Even without using sudo to start a shell, it (by default) remembers that
you've already authenticated recently and you only have to re-enter your
password if you go more than 15 minutes without running a sudo command.

--
Dave Sherohman