Re: As seen above: use of su vs sudo

On Di, Aug 07, 2018 at 01:33:20 +0200, Martin wrote:
I don’t know if Debian does, but the difference between su and sudo seems quite like to the difference between ssh logins with password and with keys. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
By far: No.
su only invokes or acts like login, pam included. sudo may represent a complex role management.

Yes, I know. Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. Both tools provide a solution, and it is your philosphy/rule set that will decide if solution A is better for your work or solution B.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |