Re: As seen above: use of su vs sudo

On 2018-08-07, James Allsopp <jamesaallsopp@googlemail.com> wrote:

> sudo does mean that the admin actions of a particular user are logged, but
> unless you lock down what they can do, they can change/delete the logs
> easily enough.

But it seems the whole point of the thing in a multi-user environment is
that you can use a granular approach to permissions, so I suppose if you
didn't desire a particular user modifying the logs, while granting her
other administrative privileges, that would fall completely within the
purview of the philosophy and implementation of the soft that is 'sudo'.

I've never used it myself. I'm all by my lonesome on this machine. I've
been using 'su' from the very beginning (but maybe I should start or
will start whenever the future and the new 'su' arrives using 'su -').

--
Some years ago, when the images which this world affords first opened upon me,
when I felt the cheering warmth of summer and heard the rustling of the leaves