Re: [RESEND] lxde error

	Hi.

On Sun, Aug 05, 2018 at 07:14:15PM +0900, Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙) wrote:
> Sorry Reco, my attached file was somewhat odd. So re-send it as files.

And now it's getting some sense at last.
This Crouton thing starts xinit, which in turn starts startlxde, which
invokes lxsession, which parses files at /etc/xdg/autostart and starts
lxpolkit along the other things.

lxpolkit, along the other things, invokes
"polkit_agent_register_listener" library function, which (supposedly
through DBUS mumbo-jumbo) ends up at "polkit_unix_session_initable_init"
function.

The choice of names is kind of meh, but that particular function invokes
"sd_pid_get_owner_uid" function. Being part of systemd (sd-login.c to be
precise), it's hardly surprising that it returns anything meaningful
only if the systemd is pid1, user has registered a logind session, etc.

Which is not the case for you, because of the Crouton is written for the
completely different usecase. Moreover, the man himself spoke on the
similar issue at [1], and said "lxpolkit is broken, fix it".

The remaining question is - what to do with all this?
I suspect that patching out problematic parts of policykit is out of
question (it is for me at least), so I propose either:

1) Removing /etc/xdg/autostart/lxpolkit.desktop.

2) Replacing /usr/bin/lxpolkit with a symlink to /bin/true.

Reco

[1] https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/833