Re: luks, crypttab: why 3 partition only 2 passphrases entered

Hi,

On Aug/04/2018, David Christensen wrote:

> On 08/04/2018 02:54 PM, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > And I'm now 99% sure that the culprit of all this confusion is...
> > plymouth! It has a password caching facility and systemd seems to use
> > it to get the cached password.
>
> You seem to have found complexities above dm-crypt.  I know very little
> about systemd or the various desktop environments, so I'll wish you good
> luck in pursuing answers to your questions.

I've just confirmed it. In plymouth, file src/ply-boot-server.c, I've
added the ply_trace line:
                        ply_buffer_append_bytes (buffer,
                                                 password,
                                                 strlen (password) + 1);
                        ply_trace("Carles password: %s", password);

Then I can see in the Debug logs the previously entered passwords when systemd
requests them (which then systemd uses them to decypher the partition and add
the correct one in the Linux keyring, etc. etc.).

Thanks for all the help and checks,

--
Carles Pina i Estany
	Web: http://pinux.info || Blog: http://pintant.cat