Re: Converting from iscsitarget to targetcli-fb

Of the packages you mention tgt is the only one which is iscsi target related.

I am looking at targetcli because my situation matches that of this bug report:

That tells me what to migrate to, but the examples for usage of targetcli do not
show working with existing iSCSI set up, only creating new, which would
likely destroy my existing data.

In the bug report it states:

     As the LIO stack was developed independently of the IET, the
     configuration has to be migrated manually.
It doesn't say "you will lose your data", and it doesn't say "here is how
to switch".  I don't understand the inner workings of it.

I guess in a worse case I can try to downgrade to Debian 8 with the older
kernel and use iscsitarget again.