Re: apache not running at boot

On 7/22/18, mick crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2018-07-22 16:13, Dave wrote:
> <snipped>
>> i can't imagine why Deb, is not automatically configuring apache2 to
>> auto start, a well know server for 10+ years and yet it seems in my
>> case it was not configured properly.
>>
>> Please if anyone out there may have the answer, let us know.
>
> as it seems that the network comes up after a reboot at this stage I'd
> be inclined to remove and re-install apache2 and hope that the install
> sorts it out.
>
> but then I don't know what I'm doing.

It's always an option in my own playbook. It's a last resort one, but
still an option.

I go the additional step to secondarily purge any dependencies that
*might* suddenly become orphaned during a remove/uninstall. Apt-get is
friendly about sharing those.

Newly orphaned packages will be offered up as part of the feedback for
a command such as "apt-get upgrade". I don't how other package
managers handle the same.

That extra step is worth it to me because maybe the problem is with a
dependency package and not necessarily the primary desired one.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *