Re: Unix.Trojan.Vali-6606621-0 FOUND

Am Samstag, 14. Juli 2018, 16:52:50 CEST schrieb Hubert Hauser:

Hi Hubert,

it is not sure, this is really a virus. A virusscanner just looks at singantures, which look like a virus.

However, you may check for differences between the original package and your installed binaries. If there are none, you may check also the source code (if you are coder). If you are unsure, you may ask the debian security team for help (if you are using debian/stable).

The packages you are looking for are "mailutils" and "systemd".

apt-file search /usr/bin/messages.mailutils
mailutils: /usr/bin/messages.mailutils

apt-file search /usr/bin/systemd-mount
systemd: /usr/bin/systemd-mount

Hope this helps.