Re: How to"apt update" from an USB key ?

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 07:10:25AM +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:
On an ultraslim (ACER swift 3) I have no CDROM no Ethernet, only an USB key.
I have installed stretch (without GUI) from the USB key, and now I want to install connman, but I do not success to apt-cdrom on an USB.
I have googled but did not find a correct howto to do that...

Personally, for this, I would have used "apt-zip", but it seems that that is no longer updated. If you're willing to give it a go, grab the .deb file from https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/apt-zip and install it with "dpkg -i /path/to/apt-zip*.deb". Documentation for it is in the manpage but, essentially, running "apt-zip-list -m /mnt/usb -p conman" should ask apt which packages are needed to install conman on your system and write a script to /mnt/usb which will wget them. The idea, then, is that you take the USB stick to an internet-connected PC and run the script (it's possible to run it from Cygwin or Bash For Windows if required). The script downloads the packages to the USB and, finally, you take the USB stick back to your disconnected PC and run "apt-zip-inst -m /mnt/usb" and those packages get installed.

Thanks in advance
PC

--
For more information, please reread.