Re: How to"apt update" from an USB key ?

On 7/11/2018 7:55 AM, Pierre Couderc wrote:
On 07/11/2018 07:27 AM, john doe wrote:
On 7/11/2018 7:10 AM, Pierre Couderc wrote:
On an ultraslim (ACER swift 3) I have no CDROM no Ethernet, only an USB key. I have installed stretch (without GUI) from the USB key, and now I want to install connman, but I do not success to apt-cdrom on an USB.
I have googled but did not find a correct howto to do that...

Why not updating/installing using your internet connection?
Because I have no internet connexion for the moment...

If the package that you want to install is on your usb key
For the moment, my usb key contians a dd if=debian-9.4.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso  of=/dev/sdc
you will need to modify /etc/apt/sources.list accordingly.:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/3576/how-to-make-usb-drive-as-local-repository
I had soon tried many of the solutions proposed here and none did work. Maybe, you have a specific idea about which is "the" correct one ?

No, other then insuring that the pkg that you want is on that "dvd".

--
John Doe