Re: A "Where am I" routine

On 7/10/2018 8:40 PM, David Wright wrote:
On Fri 06 Jul 2018 at 06:25:43 (-0500), Richard Owlett wrote:
I multi-boot several configurations &/or releases of Debian.
I will run identical test scripts on each.
I want to store the results in a common logging file.

If you're going to compare your test runs, you might be better off
storing the results in separate files, either named for the
configuration, or in directories named that way. It's a lot easier to

diff -u configuration-A/test-2.log configuration-B/test-2.log | less

The option '-s' is also useful to know if the files are identical.

--
John Doe