Re: A "Where am I" routine

On 07/10/2018 01:40 PM, David Wright wrote:
On Fri 06 Jul 2018 at 06:25:43 (-0500), Richard Owlett wrote:
I multi-boot several configurations &/or releases of Debian.
I will run identical test scripts on each.
I want to store the results in a common logging file.

If you're going to compare your test runs, you might be better off
storing the results in separate files,

I wish a common log file.
I was envisioning a "function" {wrong word?}, which would return "Where you came from" as an introductory header. A better response later, I've just been given a hint to solving 2 (apparently unrelated) problems of higher priority.

P.S. You supplied the hint ;}