Re: Separate /home directories etc?

I, not only have a separate /home directory but, if the Hard Drive is large enough, will create things, like /bighome, /oldhome (just before installing a new Release), as well other variations, to handle the "Issue de jour".

Why?  Because /home is where my "personal data" is stored, and I don't want anything to go wrong.  (For example, I avoided an issue that showed up on this List with /oldhome, when jumping from Ubuntu to Debian, including going from Open Office to LibreOffice.  Didn't someone lose Templates recently?)

Note:  If I am short on disk space, I will, at least, "tar and feather" my filesystem, before the Upgrade. I have two One Terrabyte external Hard Drives for this purpose.

Good luck!

Kenneth Parker, Reformed Ubuntu user, now mainly on Debian.